The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My mom who lives with me and my toddler has diabetes and uses the Pen for insulin.

I get worried about my son getting a hold of it and accidentally injecting himself, especially because it seems to easy to administer a dose (twist till desired amount and then click).

Is there a safety lock or case that would prevent dispensing a dose in the hands of a child? If not, that is a VERY disappointing oversight!

Thanks,

Yasmin

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello Yasmin.
I'm sorry but there's no safety lock for these pens.
You and your mum have to be very careful.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Hi all,

My mom who lives with me and my toddler has diabetes and uses the Pen for insulin.

I get worried about my son getting a hold of it and accidentally injecting himself, especially because it seems to easy to administer a dose (twist till desired amount and then click).

Is there a safety lock or case that would prevent dispensing a dose in the hands of a child? If not, that is a VERY disappointing oversight!

Thanks,

Yasmin
There is no safety lock. Be sure that your mother does not leave a needle on her pen. Without the needle, the chance of your son getting injected accidentally is slim to none. Becky

·
Registered
15 Posts
In France, it is forbidden to throw its needles to the normal trash can. It is necessary to put them in one limp adapted and to put them or:
In the pharmacy (if he indeed wants to take them but he is not obliged) or in a waste reception center so that they are so burned and do not risk to hurt somebody.
For me, it is the persons who supplies me my materiel for my pump which supplies me them limp yellow and takes back them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts