The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we bought some perch, now I have NEVER cooked fish before, lol! Little help? ;)

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
So we bought some perch, now I have NEVER cooked fish before, lol! Little help? ;)
What I'd do is bread it with low-carb breading & fry it in a pan! :D :D :D

Perfect low-carb breading is equal parts of almond flour, vital wheat gluten & grated parmesan. Pulse it a few times in the food processor to make it like fine crumbs.

Dip the fish in beaten egg, then dip in the breading mix. Fry in butter or coconut oil until golden brown. Serve with tartar sauce or not . . . I make tartar sauce by mixing a little pickle relish, minced onion & a dash of worcestershire sauce with mayonnaise.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Found a recipe for 'almond crusted lake perch' on the 'net... I'd try it, but I'll try anything.

Ingredients:
8-9 Fresh lake perch
4 ozs. finely ground Almonds
1 egg
1/4 cup cream
Salt & Pepper
Olive oil for frying

How To Prepare:
Clean and soak fish in a bowl of cold water with lemon wedges floating on top in the refrigerator a whole day.

Dip fish into egg & cream mixture. Combine seasonings with almond nuts. Dip fish into nut mixture and either broil or pan fry. If the fish are fresh, shouldn't take any longer than 5 minutes. Serve with favorite vegie and tossed salad.

Number of Servings: 2 adults

·
Premium Member
6,162 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey you guys thanks for all the ideas..we'll definitely try one and let you know as we like broiled and breaded! LOL! Guess it'll depend on our mood..any side suggestions?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts