The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
My Family In Atlanta

My son David (42), his wife Yaxu (34), my grandaughter Vanessa (4) and my grandson Jason (3 mos). The pic was taken on June 28, 2007 on Vanessa's 4'th birthday.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Hey Richard: :)

You and Anita must be so Proud of your Family. Wonderful photo. I'm sure Vanessa had a Great 4th Birthday. Sweety is right on. Your GrandKids are Adorable. You're Very Lucky. Now I'm wondering which of your Sons looks like you the most: David or Gary?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
OMG Sweety!! That's just Beautiful. You're so Lucky. I wish I could paint.
Who are the subjects of your painting? Are they real or just from your imagination? Hmmm...all of a sudden I need a folding screen. :D

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sweety, I love your art work! Beautiful! Do you show your art work at art shows? My Mother used to show her oil paintings at those shows. It is almost always modern art paintings that win the prizes so Mother eventually quit going. She did nature scenes with snow or fall colors or water falls, flower gardens, etc. I do not have that talent. I wish I did. Keep up your good work and show us more!

Richard

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thank you Richard. Your mother's paintings sound really beautiful. She must be very accomplished because I know those subjects are diffucult and challenging. I would love to see a sample of her work.

I don't show my work in the traditional sense. Because of the internet I can show my work online without leaving the house. :)

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Family pic....June, 2008

Here I am with my wife behind me and my Atlanta family, June, 2008.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Helllooo Richard: :)

Now that's a Cool Family photo. :) You and Anita in particular, look Wonderful. I was wondering...did anyone ever mention to your DIL that she looks so much like a certain movie star?(and of course, I can't remember the name or show right now :eek: ) Each time I see her pic, I think of the Girl that I've seen on TV.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The baby has grown alot since your avatar pic Richard. :) Is that your home? It looks like a grand hotel. :) Do you have any of your mothers paintings Richard, you never said. From what I read of her in your life story and all she did, and to find out she painted as well, she was one special lady.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Terrie! My DIL is Chinese and I have never heard of anyone comparing her to a particular actress. She is a cutie though.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Yes, indeed she is a cutie Richard. Funny eh? When I look at your DIL's face, a pic of that actress springs to my mind. I never knew her name but it was a popular show(once I remember what it was :D ). Hmmm...maybe it's just me. We all see People differently. When I find a photo of her, I'll post it.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Terrie! Ming Na is cuter than Yaxu. Lol! Yaxu is a doll though. There is very little similarity but you would have to see Yaxu in person to realize that. Yaxu looks more typically Asian than Ming Na does.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
OH! Well, I'm just looking at pictures. You would know better Richard. They are both pretty Ladies though. :)

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I like your pic Terrie! You were a cutie pie!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Thank you Sweety. I bet you were a cutie also. Although I can't verify it without a PHOTO!! :D (Hint!)

1 - 20 of 92 Posts