The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i come home from a long stressfull work day only to get a letter from my insurance saying tjat my endo that I just got working with and is really helping is now no longet covered. These people piss me off now they want me to drive 125 miles to their preffered doctor.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Is there a way to go through an appeal with your insurance company?

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I guess the question I would ask myself was whether is is worth driving 125 miles or stick with your current one and pay out of pocket. Since we have high deductible insurance all our doctors and labs are paid out of pocket. I wonder if you could switch insurance policies to add an HSA high detuctible , then you can put money away tax free to pay for the doctor you like.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I guess the question I would ask myself was whether is is worth driving 125 miles or stick with your current one and pay out of pocket. Since we have high deductible insurance all our doctors and labs are paid out of pocket. I wonder if you could switch insurance policies to add an HSA high detuctible , then you can put money away tax free to pay for the doctor you like.

I just saw my bill for my first visit with an endo. $1148!! Not sure I got that much benefit out of the visit. He did do some lab tests, and I did find out I'm definitely type 2. I had gone several years w/o insurance until December of 2010. Was dx'd w/d in Jan 2011. Was happy I had insurance!

Bernard

·
Registered
79 Posts
enjoy bc/bs they stopped paying for my strips and i am on the pump said i have to go to a different brand meter that dont work with my pump:mad::mad:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Because of their contracts I have to use a mail order company to get my stips they stol have the contract with liberty but they droppef bayer with liberty and bayer is they preferred brand makes no sense

1 - 8 of 8 Posts