The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello Friends !

I am new to this forum and would like to share my experinces and opinion about this disease. I am a diabetic for the last 21 yrs. But thus far i have successfully kept the deadly side effects and negatives of this disease at a bay.

In my opinion :

- Firstly we should not be scared of this disease. Since, we have to live it with life long or till the time we do not get any cure for it, we should face this situation bravely.

- Secondly, my doctors tell me that a high blood sugar level for say 2 hrs will not lead to any side effects. So, u should not panic incase it goes up suddenly after ur meal. I would suggest u need to monitor ur medication doses better to keep a better control

- Thirdly, i would suggest all of u a regular YOGA and PRAYANAAM. I live in india and here TV channels telecast regular shows about YOGA. and from thats where i have started doing that. And trust me, it really helps in controling ur blood sugar level and even bring down ur insulin doses. However, u need to keep a better eye on ur doses because YOGA will have an impact on decreasing ur doses. So, there is every chance that u may get Hypoglycemia.

- Fourth, keep ur eating habits as simple as possible. i do not smoke and drink and guess these have helped me in keeping my glucose level to normal or very near to normal.

I shared all these things with all of u because i want u guys to try out atleast some of these things and may b it might help u ppl as well.

Diabetes is really not easy to live with but we cannot make our lives even more diffcult thinking about it all the time.

Kandy_1411

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.