The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know is this the right section, but please, i need the help of this community.

Also english is not my main language so i will be explaining this as simple as i can.

My mother has type 1 diabetes for like 10 years or so.

Her sugar can drop pretty low and it's hard to get to her (she was in "coma-like states" (but didn't have any other simptomes while in that state), but our family manages that. But yesterday something different happened.

She got to bed at midnight. at around 2:30 am, she was in an "sugar coma", but not only that, she was "twitching" (sry don't know the right word, it was like she has epilepsy) and was very rigid, breathing out loud with strange noises and spit coming out of her mouth. she also bit her tongue.

We managed to get her out of that state, 911 came, she was in hospital for screening for 3 hours, her EEG was fine at hospital.

BUT

Today, she's feeling terrible. She can't move her left arm, left side of the back hurt, left leg is hurting, and chest pains. she says that she feels like a truck is on her chest. Never before did she have this kind of psychical symptoms, when her sugar get's to normal she is ok, but not this time. Doctors don't know about her left side body pains.

She doesn't want to go to the doctor again, cos her EEG was fine, but i'm really worried that she's under heart attack risk, and that she maybe had an heart attack last night? She also developed a fever today.

Is she in a critical state? What's going on? Should i really FORCE her to go to doctor, she's crying and refusing to go, and i don't want something to happen to her.

Could there be any other cause to this left side body pain??

·
Registered
782 Posts
Absolutely she should be seen TODAY! I'm no doctor, but I'd worry that this could be dangerous. Good luck! Keep us posted as this goes along.
^This! Go TODAY. Yes, FORCE her. Better to go and find out it's nothing serious than to not go and find out it was serious. And do keep us posted, please! ((((hugs))))

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Hospital. Emergency Room. NOW.

I'm sending my best wishes your way. Please keep us posted!

·
Registered
156 Posts
A bad hypo can make you feel pretty bad like she is, but it won't affect motor movement. Her symptoms indicate heart attack or stroke. Call 911.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts