The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does everyone use to keep track of readings?

I prefer to use software and download my meter to my computer. But, I have so much trouble getting the software to work with my computer each time I get the latest operating system. And meter manufacturers are slow to update their software and cable drivers. If I can't download meter readings I had rather just use a handwritten log than to manually enter readings in a program.

Anyone have any tricks to get the Onetouch software to work on Windows 7 ;) Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
I don't have a clue, Jason . . . mostly because I use the ReliOn Ultima which is a bare-bones meter with no bells & whistles.

I do have a columnar bookkeeping notebook I used to use a lot, but after I discovered doc only wants to see my fasting readings anyhow, I record those, along with weight & blood pressure, at DiabeticJournal so I can print up a report for him when I see him . . . the rest of my tests just languish on my meter, so I can access my averages, but that's about it. The DiabeticJournal site is under construction right now, and he is in the process of incorporating a food/recipes/meal planning database there, so I expect to be using it more later on.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts

I prefer to use software and download my meter to my computer. But, I have so much trouble getting the software to work with my computer each time I get the latest operating system. And meter manufacturers are slow to update their software and cable drivers. If I can't download meter readings I had rather just use a handwritten log than to manually enter readings in a program.

Anyone have any tricks to get the Onetouch software to work on Windows 7 ;) Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.
I use One Touch software, but I dont have windows 7 (thank goodness). I still have XP on this machine and I am dreading having to upgrade when I get a new computer. Windows is already such an overblown resource hog I cant even think how to deal with 7 (but I digress :D ) My meter and my pump both download to the software and I can see all kinds of really nice graphs and such that really do help me see where particular problems are coming from. Hope you get it worked out so when I *do* have to switch you can help me out!

·
Registered
96 Posts
I use both a handwritten journal and software.
But I'm a Linux person; I only use Windows when absolutely necessary.
That can be translated into "I'm still using XP."
In fact I only upgraded my one Windows machine to XP this past year. And I only did that because my tax software finally quit supporting Windows 98.

Sorry I can't help with your Windows 7 issue.

--ET

·
Registered
2,771 Posts

I am not able to use any meter software on my computer since it runs on Windows 7 operating system. I quit trying to download software because the drivers do not work. I use Diabetes Pilot software and I record everything in a steno book and enter the info so I can run charts for my doctor and he is very happy with the results. It is alot of work but a very good tool. Good luck finding anything to run smoothly with Windows 7!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am not able to use any meter software on my computer since it runs on Windows 7 operating system. I quit trying to download software because the drivers do not work. I use Diabetes Pilot software and I record everything in a steno book and enter the info so I can run charts for my doctor and he is very happy with the results. It is alot of work but a very good tool. Good luck finding anything to run smoothly with Windows 7!
Funny thing is, my old Accu-Chek Compass software thats no longer sold works just fine with Windows 7, but I started using OneTouch. But before OneTouch I did buy the latest Accu-Chek 360 software to upgarde my Compass and it wouldn't even load! It said my computer did not meet the min requirements and just stopped loading! LOL.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Funny thing is, my old Accu-Chek Compass software thats no longer sold works just fine with Windows 7, but I started using OneTouch. But before OneTouch I did buy the latest Accu-Chek 360 software to upgarde my Compass and it wouldn't even load! It said my computer did not meet the min requirements and just stopped loading! LOL.
I have even looked into buying another computer with another operating system, but everything is loaded with Windows 7 operating system. Not worth the aggravation of messing with the meter software.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts