The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm compiling a list of soft foods that are LCHF for my post-op healing period. I'm having Mohs surgery on my lower lip area to remove basal cell. Doc says recovery could be as much as six weeks. I know I'll need to eat soft food for at least a week or more.

So this is what I've got so far:

Avocado (mashed)
Cottage Cheese (4% milk fat)
Eggs
Protein drinks (I'd love some savory protein drink recipes)
Broth...with spinach, kale...processed together for soup
Cream and berries (blended)

A friend with a baby is bringing over jars of baby food squash. I'm going to really miss my crunchy Optimist Crackers!!

·
Registered
6,071 Posts
I would add full fat Greek yogurt, cream cheese, and maybe some fish. I have eaten a few types of fish that would be soft, if you smash it a bit with a fork after being cooked in butter. I would just checking thoroughly first, for any bones.

·
Premium Member
9,421 Posts
Sorry you are going to have to go thru this.

You can put any dish (i.e.: meat + veggies) in a blender and make a puree of it. Even a salad. No need for special foods - unless you want to pamper yourself with delicious smoothies.

And, of course, there's low-carb ice cream!

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
The twice baked cauliflower would be great, just making sure you really blend that cauliflower! Basic recipe is: Cook cauliflower, put in food processor or use stick blender to blend, add cream cheese and spices, top with cheese, put in oven for half an hour to melt cheese. Nom! I hope you heal quickly!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The twice baked cauliflower would be great, just making sure you really blend that cauliflower! Basic recipe is: Cook cauliflower, put in food processor or use stick blender to blend, add cream cheese and spices, top with cheese, put in oven for half an hour to melt cheese. Nom! I hope you heal quickly!
Love this idea! Thank you! And thanks for the good wishes, too!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts