The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who are like me and try to time your injection of quick acting insulin to match the spike you expect from the meal you are eating by taking it 15-20 min before you start eating, it is definitely a struggle to match them up perfectly every time. No matter how hard I focus on it there are still occasions where I end up taking my insulin too late and my blood sugars stay in the 150-160 range for an hour or two as the insulin battles the sugar that is flowing through your blood. I don't know if I am crazy but I have actually noticed that by taking a hot shower I can make my blood flowing much faster which I guess spreads the insulin around faster and after 8-10 minutes when I come out of the shower my blood sugar is back to normal. Pretty easy fix no? Or maybe I'm throwing off the results of my meter reading by taking a hot shower, is that possible?

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
A hot shower opens the blood capillaries in your skin and allows blood to flow around faster. I think that allows the Glucose in the blood to get around faster and so gets absorbed faster. It has been known for a long time that hot tubs lower BG

1 - 2 of 2 Posts