The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I actually posted a few years ago, but have since changed my diet one of which was completely cutting alcohol out of my diet. Like zero. Nada. Never had issues until recently. Noticed the urge to pee more often and tingling in my hands and feet. I work out 3/4x a week and in my job I’m basically on my feet all day. Probably avg about 12,000 steps per day with out a workout.
Anyway, I’m kind of baffled by these symptoms. I’m 44 good shape and not obese. Not the Healthiest eater on the planet but surprised about these symptoms. I’m going to see a doc next week to see what’s going on.
The tingling I feel mostly in my feet but noticed that I almost feel like an infection. I feel it sometimes up to my crotch. No possible way it’s a STD or anything like that.
Has anyone else felt this??

·
Super Moderator
1,893 Posts
Hi, drummerboy!

Good for you for cutting out the alcohol, particularly if it's been an issue in your family.

I read your conversation from four years ago; it seems many of your symptoms are the same. It also appears there was no diagnosis of diabetes or even metabolic syndrome at that time, so I'd be pressed to think your current symptoms relate to being diabetic now. However, I'm no doctor. Your best bet would be to check in with the doctor next week and get some tests. The tingling could be related to your nervous system or new shoes that aren't working out or ... ?? Best to get some numbers down and see where you are. Please let us know what your doctor says!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey everyone! I actually posted a few years ago, but have since changed my diet one of which was completely cutting alcohol out of my diet. Like zero. Nada. Never had issues until recently. Noticed the urge to pee more often and tingling in my hands and feet. I work out 3/4x a week and in my job I’m basically on my feet all day. Probably avg about 12,000 steps per day with out a workout.
Anyway, I’m kind of baffled by these symptoms. I’m 44 good shape and not obese. Not the Healthiest eater on the planet but surprised about these symptoms. I’m going to see a doc next week to see what’s going on.
The tingling I feel mostly in my feet but noticed that I almost feel like an infection. I feel it sometimes up to my crotch. No possible way it’s a STD or anything like that.
Has anyone else felt this??
Hi! Thanks for sharing this. I hope you feel better, the tingling sensation may be a sign since diabetes has symptoms of neuropathy. But I hope you get well though, I also changed my diet to be sure.

·
Super Moderator
1,893 Posts
Henny, welcome to our site!

It would be great to hear more about how changing your diet is helping you to manage your diabetes. Would you go to our New Member Introductions forum and tell us more about yourself and how you're addressing your diabetes?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts