The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

I have been following threads on this site for some time, and thought I'd finally post my situation.

I am 44 years old, 5'6 and 118lbs. Not overweight and in good health, not diabetic. I am not a stress head over this as I have always done my utmost to be healthy. However...I had a fasting blood sugar at 6.2 which surprised me as I eat low carb and have done for many years. I purchased a glucose meter to measure at home. My numbers appear to be stable ranging from 4.2 to 5.5 throughout the day but my fasting glucose is always highest averaging around 6.0 ;-/. Is this the start of diabetes I wonder?

Generally through out life I have had low BP and low BS so I feel gutted to almost have Dawn syndrome readings.

Anyhow, nice to meet you all and thank you for such a fab group of supportive folk.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Many thanks for your replies and kind welcome, your sister for free lol! Ummm not sure, I kind of struggle with the one I got.

Blood Glucose is a strangle ole beast for sure!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.