The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I learned that I pregnant and three days later learned that I was diabetic. Talk about a whirlwind of discoveries. I just divorced my husband and the pregnancy was enough of a surprise, but now I feel as though I have a really hard challenge ahead of me. I don't know what to do about all of this. I went to see my PCP, and he basically told me that the OBGYN will be directing my care. The OBGYN sent me to a High Risk Pregnancy doctor. I don't have an appointment with him until this week. Right now, I have had to teach myself how to use a glucose monitor, stick myself, and had a dietian teach me to keep my diet to 200 carbs. I get anywhere close to that number, and I have blood sugar levels in the 200s....I don't know what to do...the baby needs carbs to grow, but it also does not need the extra blood sugar. I am really scared, and I am not sure, if I am doing the right thing for my child or for me. I find a lot of information about what to do, if you have a low sugar day, but when you have a high one there is not any information....I am kind of at a loss. I am also truly terrified of having to inject myself with insulin a minimum of three times a day. Phew. Thanks for letting me get this all out. I know I will find the answers that I seek soon.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.