The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all....I am new to this site and very excited to find a site that does not just blindly follow the ADA "guidelines". My question is; how do you print out a recipe only? I highlighted the area I wanted to print and it kept printing out page after page of thread comments etc? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
My suggestion would be to copy and paste each recipe into a Microsoft Word document. Add to that document and remember to SAVE every time you add to it. Then you can print either the whole document or individual pages from within most printer settings. If you don't have Microsoft Word, there are free versions of Word-type programs on the net. NeoOffice if you use a Mac and OpenOffice if on Windows.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Even if you don't have Word, you prob'ly have Notepad. Just copy/paste it to Notepad & print it from there.

I know IE browser used to print using the highlighting thing, but it's been so many years since I tried that, I have no idea if it still does. And I used to know how to isolate a single post too, for viewing or printing, but I can't figure that out right now either.

I'll keep tinkering with this & if I come up with anything, I'll be back.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
printing recipes

Shanny....thank you for the suggestion, but I am a computer moron!! I am probably the only person who does not know how to cut and paste! I will ask my son in law to show me. It would make it easier though if we could just press a little "print recipe" button, LOL.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help but this is way over my head!! I will just write the most interesting recipes out longhand until I can get my son in law, or probably my grandaughter to help me,LOL.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
printing recipes

I actually meant the above post for Canadian Dude. See, can't even post a reply without making mistakes. Anyway, thank you for trying to help.

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
One thing I can't figure out is why when I do a copy/paste, the print is so tiny. Any hints anybody?

Shanny where are you when I need you? I hate putting my cheaters on when I want to read one. I copy and then paste on an email to myself and keep them in a file on the computer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts