The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
I am new to this different kind of cooking so this probably isn't new to anyone else but thought I would mention it.
Beat an egg and add 2 teaspoons of splenda( or the amt that makes you happy). Pour in to small skillet, when set, slide to plate and add splenda and cinnamon.
I also used it as a crepe. slide it flat to the plate and add spoon or 2 of flavored yogurt and roll like a crepe at IHOP. lol
You could also use sugar free jam or fruit.

·
Premium Member
9,422 Posts
I came across this really old recipe post. Reminded me of the crepes I made many years ago when I ate low-carb.

This flat egg crepe has so many uses. Without sweetening one can roll up a savory filling - like diced chicken and mushrooms, then pour a cheese sauce (cheese and cream?) over it.

I used to fill a cold crepe with whipped cream and strawberries. These days I'd probably add some diced Walden Farms strawberry spread along with just a few strawberries to keep the carbs down. Or blueberries would be good.

Maybe add a bit of almond flour to make it a bit firmer and use it for making enchiladas?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sometimes for supper we do something similar. We call them egg pancakes. Earlier in the day I whip up 1 pkg of cream cheese, add a bit of sweetener and vanilla, then slowly beat in about 2 cups of whipping cream until it looks like whipped up whipping cream should. (This is slightly adapted from Linda's Low Carb Cream Cheese Whipping Cream recipe)
Then at supper time I beat 2 eggs and fry them with butter - flip it over when it looks like the one side has set enough. The other side only needs a bit of heating. Then I put it flat on a plate, add some berries on one side - I defrost some frozen blueberries or raspberries. Add sweetener or not. Flip one side of the flat pancake over the berries and add a bunch of the whipped cream stuff on top. A little cinnamon sprinkled over it is nice too.
You have to repeat the process for each person, which can get a bit tedious if you have more than 2 or 3 people to feed.
If you're lucky, there will be some whipped cream mixture left over in the fridge and you can eat it for some extra fat tomorrow. :biggrin:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts