The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am spilling protein in my urine. I think the number was 1300 when 30 is normal. 14 day sugar average is 149, blood pressue is under control. right leg swells up. What else can I do?

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
How did you learn you had protein in your urine? I was talking to a friend who is a doctor and he asked me how I'd lost my weight and when I said Atkins, he said he tried it and spilled protein on it and had to quit. I've wondered how he knew...

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Are you on any other meds? I had a terrible statin reaction last summer and spent the whole summer with swollen ankles and legs. I tried everything to prevent it. Finally I stopped the statin drug and voila swelling disappered. Sometimes statin drugs destroy muscle tissue and flush it through your kidneys spilling protein. This is something you should talk to your doctor about.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
medications are the same...... spillage determined through blood and urine tests..also if your urine foams in the toilet, thats a quick tell. I've been on atkins for a long time before I knew it was Atkins due to my carb restrictions.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Protein in urine and swelling of legs

I am spilling protein in my urine. I think the number was 1300 when 30 is normal. 14 day sugar average is 149, blood pressue is under control. right leg swells up. What else can I do?
You could check with a nephrologist or kidney doctor. I did when I experienced the same symptoms and found out that I already have a stage 3 chronic kidney disease. I pray that your condition is much simpler but better have it checked right away. God bless!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts