The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 35 years of brittle Type 1 diabetes, I suffer with chronic diabetic complications. Name it, I have it. The most lethal is kidney failure.
Last February I was told I would have to start dialysis, immediately.
Dialysis is the treatment I most wanted to avoid.
I came to this area to participate in a Clinical Trial-Pulsatile Insulin
Therapy. I have been in treatment for 7 months. I am no longer a candidate for dialysis. My creatine level has been improving, my creatine level is almost normal. What a releif.
That is not all this treatment does. It has halted retinopathy, even reversed it.
Neuropathy: I was house bound due to pain neuropathy. I had not driven a car in 6 years. Basically, you could say I was a shut in.
On Pulsatile Insulin Therapy, within months my fibromyalgia was gone.
The pain in my feet and legs was greatly improved. I now drive, go shopping, play with the grand children, and more.
My gastroparsis has improved.
Energy and Sleep greatly improved, I am back in the gardern agan.
Being an uncontrolled brittle diabetic, I can not say mt sugars are under control, but my A1c has gone down.
No, it is not a cure all, it is an intervention, for quality of life.
There are several companies offering this treatment. If you are facing renal failure, or are already on dialysis, this treatment could save your life.
Go to clinicaltrials.gov. Search "diabetes and FLorida".
It is available in several states, some insurance companies fo cover this treatment. Pulsatile Insulin Therapy--- sometimes called CAT or MAT.
Happy side effect is weight loss!:) Live a better life, I am.

·
Premium Member
6,162 Posts
How wonderful that it worked for you - and you avoided dialysis. Truly awesome!
Is your therapy now over, or is it ongoing?

Welcome to the forum.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How wonderful that it worked for you - and you avoided dialysis. Truly awesome!
Is your therapy now over, or is it ongoing?

Welcome to the forum.
Thanks moom.
No my treatment is not over. To maintain these positive effects I will need to continue treatment.

·
Premium Member
6,162 Posts
Gidgit, I didn't know what brittle diabetes is and just googled it. Wow - you've been through so much - what a roller-coaster ride. And what a miracle to have been included in this trial and get results.

What does the treatment consist of?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts