The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am wanting to get on pump therapy. i am just now back on a job that i have insurance and have made an appointment to see and endo. problem is they are booked until november. i have done my research with the insurance company. turns out the coverage is 80/20. i can get the pump i want, the omnipod for 185 but the monthly supplies are about 75 plus the cost of insulin. not to bad considering i spend 110 on all 3 of my insulins each month. the startup cost of the other pumps ive looked into would be around 1000, with a monthly cost of about 45. the nice part being that my supplier would put me on a payment plan of 85 a month. im in a situation where its going to cost me alot to have things the way i want no matter which pump i choose. my problem is, an i know its minor, but it just bugs the hell outa me, i dont want to have to carry around a ton of extra stuff. i want either the omnipod or the ping. the problem with this is my insurance company only covers bayer or accuchek at the preffered rate. i could get coverage for the onetouch or freestyle but it would be at an outrageous price.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
part of it didnt post, what i ment to add was that i would preffer these because i cant always carry alot on myself at work and its a pain to carry alot into work because i work as a correctional officer in a state prison. i know it sounds petty but its important to me. if anyone has anyhelp or suggestions. i cant stay on mdi's im at 4-6 a day if i only eat breakfast and dinner. i am sick of it. thank you

1 - 2 of 2 Posts