The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about going on the pump using the One Touch Ping. Any advice or info non the Ping?

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
Sorry to not know anything about it, but glad you found us. Others with more knowledge will be along to help. It would be good if you will go and introduce yourself properly. That will give us more information to help, if you want it.

Good luck,

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm thinking about going on the pump using the One Touch Ping. Any advice or info non the Ping?
I'm getting my Ping set up tomorrow. I'm brand new to pumping so I will let you know when I have more experience with it :eek:hwell:.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've been using the Ping for less than a week and am already in love with it.

If other insulin pumps achieve the same results than they are probably all good.

As far as setup and using the device, it has been a snap, for me it is easier to insert the infusion set than it was to take a shot from a pen, and the interface is really simple. The learning curve wasn't bad for me, but I stare at code all day so that may have given me an edge.

Bottom line is I feel fantastic, my A1C was getting out of control (8+) and my levels are already way better and I feel like I've just cut a huge ball and chain loose.

·
Registered
409 Posts
SummerDays said:
I just wanted to say good luck. Im on the Medtronic Minimed so if you need any general pumping advice just ask away
What are you insulin to carb and sensitivity factors? I know everyone is different but my numbers are still so high that I know I need a change for sure with my settings!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts