The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! My name is Linda and I'm new here. I've been a t2 since 2000. Until recently I was on oral medication only (Actos+Met) until my glucose numbers just started going wacko! I changed nothing in my diet. My doc and I discussed it and after trying several options. We have landed on Levemir at night and Novolog before meals. I just got down to the end of my first pen on Levemir. Currently my dose is 35 at bedtime, but right now that first pen does not have 35 in it and it isn't measuring up right up with the units listed on the pen, so HOW do I know how much is in there or does that go to waste? My copays are so high on this stuff I don't want to waste any of it. I don't work due to several health issues and husbands income just restarted after 3 years of not working and no insurance and his pay is low and insurance cost is high. How do I save a few bucks here? Thanks! Linda

·
Registered
341 Posts
If I remember from when I was on a pen instead of the pump when you were at the end it would only allow you to turn the knob to where the pen would be empty. For example if you were to turn the knob and it stopped at lets say 10 then there would be 10 units left in the pen.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
If you cant dial up all the the 35 on one pen you will have to take the remainder of the 35 from a new pen. with a new needle and inject in a new spot. There is always some insulin left in a pen that you cant get out.

Reactions: foxl

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I remember from when I was on a pen instead of the pump when you were at the end it would only allow you to turn the knob to where the pen would be empty. For example if you were to turn the knob and it stopped at lets say 10 then there would be 10 units left in the pen.
Thanks Craig. I will give that a try!

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Hi, icee ... just wondering why your numbers went wacko, and thinking if you have not had GAD-65 antibody testing, you might wish to ... this is not a typical type 2 thing!

If you have not, please read the blood sugar 101 website! Blood Sugar 101

1 - 5 of 5 Posts