The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or the last week I had average between 70-80 readings before bed time; do I keep injecting insulin before bed or should I call my Doc about it?

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Hi and welcome

70 to 80 is good, what do you wake up to? do you go low at night?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
diabetes86 said:
Hi and welcome

70 to 80 is good, what do you wake up to? do you go low at night?
I don't think so, in the mornings my numbers are 68,61,77,73, they hover round that.

·
Registered
89 Posts
"Sounds like" you have very good numbers before bed and waking, perhaps a bit low. From my perspective one should always talk with the doc. I would doubt he'd have you discontinue the insulin at night, very likely he might have you decrease the dose slightly and if needed continue doing so till the BG came up to mid 80's. I do know that hypos are certainly no fun :mad:
I've had to do just that, decrease the dose on the Lantus. Lower it 2-3 units and measure for at least three nights. One time does not make a trend, I learned that the hard way some time back... It would be good to monitor at different times after meals and on occasion during the day. Stick those fingers :boink:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LarryT said:
"Sounds like" you have very good numbers before bed and waking, perhaps a bit low. From my perspective one should always talk with the doc. I would doubt he'd have you discontinue the insulin at night, very likely he might have you decrease the dose slightly and if needed continue doing so till the BG came up to mid 80's. I do know that hypos are certainly no fun :mad:
I've had to do just that, decrease the dose on the Lantus. Lower it 2-3 units and measure for at least three nights. One time does not make a trend, I learned that the hard way some time back... It would be good to monitor at different times after meals and on occasion during the day. Stick those fingers :boink:
Thank you very much, I just wanted to get some opinions from more experience patients and you have been very helpful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts