The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick and Easy Sweet Pickles

One jar dill pickles (no garlic variety)
3/4 cup cider vinegar
1 1/2 cups Splenda

Drain pickles well, rinse in cool water and drain again. Cover with cool water a second time and allow to sit for 15 minutes. Remove from water and drain well. Cut each pickle into 1/4″ chunks (I use already SLICED pickles), and place back in cleaned pickle jar. Combine vinegar and Splenda (I use equivalent in LIQUID Splenda, but I can’t remember exactly how much).
Bring vinegar and Splenda to a boil. Remove from stovetop and cool 5 minutes.
Pour over pickles in jar and seal tight. Allow pickles to refrigerate a minimum of 48 hours.

·
Registered
741 Posts
ok I'm going to ask a dumb question...why are you pickling pickles?

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok I'm going to ask a dumb question...why are you pickling pickles?
Store-bought sweet pickles have sugar in them. I know I could start with cukes and make my own sweet pickles, but that takes ingredients I don't normally use, plus more prep time. I have a sweet & sour pork recipe my family loves, and it calls for sweet pickles. In most recipes, I substitute dills, but it won't work in the s&s pork recipe.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Halley and mt. Olive both have sugar free sweet pickles

·
Registered
741 Posts
Store-bought sweet pickles have sugar in them. I know I could start with cukes and make my own sweet pickles, but that takes ingredients I don't normally use, plus more prep time. I have a sweet & sour pork recipe my family loves, and it calls for sweet pickles. In most recipes, I substitute dills, but it won't work in the s&s pork recipe.
ah ok...I like sour pickles so I didn't get it...

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Kroger has sugar-free pickle relish, but I'll have to look next time I'm there to see if they have pickles too.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Chesney said:
Halley and mt. Olive both have sugar free sweet pickles
I wasn't paying attention when I wrote this...supposed to me Nalley...lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts