The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am curious to know what quick easy things I might keep around for when I just don't have time (or want) to cook breakfast?

·
Premium Member
6,162 Posts
Reactions: annsrum

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
I've always kept cooked link sausages or bacon strips in the freezer & then I can just nuke 'em about 15-20 seconds & they're ready - that's about as long as it takes me to fry an egg (over easy), so I'm set. But if there are last night's leftovers, I'm just as apt to eat those for breakfast, and if there's any cream cheese dip or guacamole, I'll eat that too, with cheese crisps or Optimist's Crackers. If I have deviled eggs in the fridge, it isn't ME who eats 'em for breakfast, it's my everlovin'! If I'm just plain not hungry, I'll just have a big coffee laced with heavy cream & that keeps me going.

In my book, anything's fair game for breakfast - whatever you like, go for it!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
early mornings

I have to leave the house for work by 6:20am so cooking that early feels annoying :) As of the last couple days since diagnosis I've been eating a few smoked almonds and a cheese stick with a pear but it is not what I would like to eat every day and not sure the pear is the best choice with all the carbs in it (trying to get a grasp on how much carbs are in what and how much carbs to eat overall) :)

I did cook an one day and made an omelet with veggies in it and a bit of cheese on top.

Good idea to have stuff already prepped and ready to munch.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I make up some egg muffin quiches, low carb waffles and flaxseed english muffins. I keep these around for a quick breakfast just pop in the toaster or microwave. I also use cheese sticks, bacon, sausage and peanutbutter mixed with chia seeds.

Reactions: annsrum

·
Registered
38 Posts
I, too, head out the door very early and love to eat breakfast ... So I searched the frozen food section of local grocery store. I found pre-made cheese/ham stuffed omletes that are actually yummy! 1 1\2 min in micro and im good to go! I used to LUV my bowl of oatmeal ... But couldnt keep the spike down ... Even with a pump!

·
Registered
561 Posts
I make crustless quiches the night before. They usually have sausage or chicken, cheddar cheese, mushrooms, and green peppers. I slice a piece and microwave.

If I don't want eggs, I just microwave some sausage links to thaw and then fry them up in a pan. Takes ~2 minutes from start to end.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I always have a dozen eggs boiled in the fridge...but usually for breakfast I have full fast greek yoghurt and add some berries...or just some vanilla...

I tend to eat 'breakfast' for lunch or dinner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts