The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I might never have even posted this if I hadn't tried it on my everlovin' husband tonight when we were at rock bottom for dessert options. I've been fixing these for my own sweet tooth, but never imagined he'd accept them! :rolleyes:

1 soft tortilla (low-carb high-fiber)
2 tbsp. cream cheese, softened
2-3 tbsp. jam or preserves of choice (s/f for me)

Warm the tortilla in a skillet until it begins to brown just slightly. Remove to plate or cutting board.

Spread cream cheese across center of tortilla, and top the cheese with spoonfuls of jam.

Roll into a cylinder & enjoy.

Half of this wrap is a nice-size finger-food dessert and the stats look like this:
serving size: 1/2 wrap or 75g
calories: 125
calories from fat: 70
total fat: 8g
saturated fat: 4.5g
trans fat: 0g
cholesterol: 22mg
sodium: 155mg
total carbs: 18g
dietary fiber: 6g
sugars: <1g
protein: 5g

·
WHAT, I got D
3,849 Posts
Those sound great. I have my own version of have to have something sweet and it is similar. Fry one of those low carb tort in coconut oil till crisp, remove promptly and coat with stevia or erythitol and cinn. great., of course I am swedish so all things sweet of that nature should have cardamon and allspice on them.

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Marty I am Swedish, too! I have a ton of hemangiomas to prove it, too, LOL.

But I like MY rollups with cream cheese and low-carb Indian pickle or chutney! :rolleyes:

·
WHAT, I got D
3,849 Posts
Grandmother used to make beetsoaker, a swedish sweet cardamon roll, the 6 of us would kill for those rolls.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Sounds yummy. Last year a chef on another site posted something similar but she used thin sheets of phyllo dough and sauteed apples with splenda. I think they were about 10 carbs for a phyllo roll. They crisp up in the oven and tasted just like apple turnovers. I'll look for the recipe to share.

·
WHAT, I got D
3,849 Posts
Marty I am Swedish, too! I have a ton of hemangiomas to prove it, too, LOL.

But I like MY rollups with cream cheese and low-carb Indian pickle or chutney! :rolleyes:
Well if you are swedish, then slap some lukefish on them flats or maybe some corve (potatoe sausage), my favorite jellied beef. Don't forget the lingonberry jam. Actually Lingonberry unsweetened jam would be a good alternative, sort like cranberrys

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
These little cinnamon crisps are delightful, Marty! Thanks! Reminds me of the "pie dough" Mom used to make for us kids with the scraps of pastry from making pies - sprinkled with cinnamon/sugar and baked until crisp.

Those sound great. I have my own version of have to have something sweet and it is similar. Fry one of those low carb tort in coconut oil till crisp, remove promptly and coat with stevia or erythitol and cinn. great., of course I am swedish so all things sweet of that nature should have cardamon and allspice on them.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I'm going to have to try that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts