1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Reactions: Shanny

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
You are correct, sir! (Or ma'am, 'cause I don't want to assume.)

Another way to put it is, Lantus is basal, and Humalog is bolus. (Two clinical terms I learned here, and not from my doc.)

Welcome! :welcome:

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Good luck

I was on humalin N and found Basal/bolus much easier to maintain good BG

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Long Acting Insulins will produce little bursts of insulin for 24 hours or so. Some find that splitting their dose into 2 injections gives them better coverage. Fast Acting is taken at meals and works quickly to cover carbs eaten at meals.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
K thx guys. Tomorro i switch over to the two instead of my 75/25 humolog
Do let us know how the new insulins work for you. I've suggested to my DIL that she switch over, but so far I've met with a lot of resistance :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Strawberry said:
Do let us know how the new insulins work for you. I've suggested to my DIL that she switch over, but so far I've met with a lot of resistance :)
Been onlu one day so far..but its great! So wat i take 4 shots a day instead of two..i can eat wenever i want cuz im not limited to just twice a day. My sugars were in the 200s so with my doc's advice i increases the humolog a bit and they are in the low 100s now. Great!!

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Good for you, glad to hear you are doing well so far. Numbers in the low 100s will lessen your chances of complications from diabetes, or at least that is what my Doctor told me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts