The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the previous outpatient visit I was told that my kidney test numbers were 30x what they were supposed to. Quite a scare. My doctor also said not to get worried if this happens once, the next test will show if it's for real. He also asked if I had been sick with fever around the time I took the test, which I had.

So a few months of worrying before next outpatient visit. I started to notice that my urine sometimes smelled really strange. Worrying as well.

Some months later I overheard a conversation about somebody (non-diabetic) that thought he was sick because sometimes his urine smelled. But then someone said the urine always smells when we eat what we did the night before: asparagus. And quite right, that was why my urine had smelled (I eat a lot more vegetables now, see my other post on losing weight).

At the next outpatient meeting, my kidney test numbers were back to normal.:)

So a lot of worrying and getting worked up, for nothing. Shame how that happens some time. When you worry about what can happen, you actually get hit by it twice...

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I'm glad your kidney test numbers returned to normal. We do worry a lot sometimes don't we? I'm glad you posted about eating asparagus and how it influenced your body. I've done the same thing and never knew 'why' the urine smelled strange. Thanks for sharing your story.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
You are right, especially when that 'knowledge' is reassuring.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts