The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Keacidosis will not occur if your blood sugar is normal, or close to normal. It does not usually occur unless the blood sugar level is 250 (13.9) or higher. You can buy strips for testing your blood or your urine for Keacidosis. The only danger I can see in your plan is that you are eating only 50 grams of carbs per day. That is considerably below normal and can cause you to become very tired and you can lose your energy. The brain requires more than 50 carbs per day to enable you to think clearly. Exercising also requires carbs, more carbs than are available in your case. Your liver will produce a lot of carbs when your body needs them and you are not getting enough when you eat. The liver might produce a large amount of carbs though and that could possibly cause you to have high blood sugar. You could have higher blood sugar after exercising than before exercising if your liver produces carbs during your exercise routine. I cannot function well unless I eat at least 100 carbs per day. I actually feel my best at 120 or more carbs per day. All people are different though. I have a friend who eats only 75 carbs per day and he says he has energy and feels good. Good luck to you!

Richard

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.