The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about what Shanny said, how much of her diet is now almonds ...

thinking, well depending on chemicals used to grow those, that might not be a good thing ...

Then I realized that what would we think if we asked ourselves, how much of our diet used to be WHEAT???

·
Registered
718 Posts
Or CORN! That is in EVERYTHING... not to mention, unless you are buying grassfed, that all of our meats are raised on corn...and don't forget SOY... blech.

Thought about doing Paleo...but I don't know that I can give up dairy/cheese and nuts! Hitting the low-carb hardcore next week though...just did our grocery shopping (ouch! on the grassfed/pastured meats!) and we're loaded up!

·
Registered
460 Posts
I like Kurt Harris MD's blog site that has evolved from strict Paleo and is now called Archevore... It's more about avoiding what he calls the "neolithic agents of disease" than sticking strictly to what some think our ancestors ate.

Reactions: foxl

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like Kurt Harris MD's blog site that has evolved from strict Paleo and is now called Archevore... It's more about avoiding what he calls the "neolithic agents of disease" than sticking strictly to what some think our ancestors ate.
Good for him! Paleo goes a bit farther from center than I ... I need to subscribe.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Can't say I personally agree with everything on this site, but then he doesn't expect us to. His approach is totally reasonable and well informed. Well worth bookmarking. Thanks for this!

Reactions: foxl
1 - 5 of 5 Posts