The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started making smoothies a couple of months ago and have since learn so much about nutrition and dieting; plus the needs of my body. I am not a vegan or vegetarian, but I love making smoothies with RAW vegetables and fruits. Because I am diabetic, I am very careful not to forget that fruits have frutose; so I go light on the fruits. I also at times use ice cream in my smoothies; when I feel that I need or am deserving of a treat. I have also started using mostly yogurt in place or regularly using ice cream. Rubystar2 if you read this; yes the ice cream is mixed into the smoothies with the other ingredients; placed in a good blender and going from low to high to puree; Wow; my smoothie is ready. I use smoothies as my meals.
I will stop here; I don't want to go on and on and etc.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Welcome Sunjune5. You could start a thread over on the Introductions board and actually tell us about how you manage your diabetes. What type are you? Are you on meds or insulin? How long since your diagnosis?

Let's get a little better acquainted. :)

·
Registered
663 Posts
This is an excellent idea as I have seen preparing fruit and freeze it then "I don't know of the machine name" as it mulches into a icecream like texture. Fantastic for hot days!! Another one as you have a vitamiser, Banana, Icecream, Milk, Honey as this is a great pick up. :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
raw-vegetables-and-fruits-smoothies

I adore smoothies! I make them at home all the time --mostly with lowfat yogurt and a little bit of fruit. Sooo delish :)
You are on the right track; now go ahead and add some RAW vegetables with your smoothies. Doesn't have to be a lot; maybe a leaf or two of spinach and a piece or two of brocolli; You are in control; make it to suit yourself. Way to go!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts