The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
I think your body will adapt and get back to a more regular schedule eventually . . . it's just a little shocked right now at the influx of all that wonderful raw healthy fiber! :D :D :D

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
I love a huge salad, but I can't eat that big a bowlful at once. And iceberg lettuce has been off my menus for years - besides being short on nutritive values, it upsets my stomach.

During garden season we have all the colorful loose leaf lettuces, plus butterhead & the brassica crops as well, but right now we just use a lotta romaine & spinach. I do love a big spinach salad with scallions/radishes/bacon/diced egg/etc., and I just use my regular wilted lettuce dressing for it . . .

My main meals are centered around a HUGE salad. ie 3 to 4 quarts huge. And my salads are not what most Americans consider to be a salad. ie a bowl of iceberg lettuce with a few pieces of other things sprinkled on top. MY salads are maybe 1-quart spinach and the remaining 2 to 3 quarts are other raw fruits, raw vegetables, and nuts.

Hope this is helpful.

--ET

1 - 2 of 2 Posts