The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried Vanilla Bean RAWNOLA . I found it in the health food store and the ingredients Coconut, Almonds, Pumpkin Seeds, Figs, Real Raw Agave Nectar, Sun-Dried Sea Salt, Cinnamon, Ginger, Vanilla Bean. All I have to is OMG it taste fantastic. Can be eaten as a cereal or even as itself as a snack.

Anyone try it? No change in BS and the only prob is that it sells for $14 a bag. Will try and do some myself.

Sent from my iPod touch using Diabetes

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I've never heard of it. I think the price would stop me. I don't handle Agave very well, but if it doesn't spike you, go for it. I have come across many low carb granola recipes with some of the same ingredients minus the Agave. You might want to try making your own and save a lot of money. There are several different recipes on Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes - Home

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
MCS has a recipe of nuts, coconut oil, flax meal, and sweetener that he bakes -- I am eating a bowl right now! I adapted it more to my tastes as follows:

1 c walnuts
1 c pecans (or brazil nuts, etc)

1/2 c almond meal
1/2 c flaxmeal
1/2 c coconut (I used finely-grated from Indian Grocer)
1/4 c Truvia or Z-sweet or Erythritol
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cardamom seed, ground

I mixed the second group in my blender, stopping to hand-mix often, and then poured it over the whole nuts, then sprinkled that with water(not too much or it will take forever!), mixed again, and baked on parchment paper at 325 till browned -- with watching and stirring.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes, I've tried it and love it too!

Has anyone tried Vanilla Bean RAWNOLA . I found it in the health food store and the ingredients Coconut, Almonds, Pumpkin Seeds, Figs, Real Raw Agave Nectar, Sun-Dried Sea Salt, Cinnamon, Ginger, Vanilla Bean. All I have to is OMG it taste fantastic. Can be eaten as a cereal or even as itself as a snack.

Anyone try it? No change in BS and the only prob is that it sells for $14 a bag. Will try and do some myself.

Sent from my iPod touch using Diabetes
Yes, I've tried it and love it! Yumm! The best cereal I've tasted :)

They make the Rawnola Cereal in an Heirloom Cacao now as well as bars. When I was at the Tree of Life (Dr. Gabriel Cousens, diabetes expert) he said this is a good low glycemic snack in moderation. They were a bit pricy in their store too but... I found the cereal online for $11.11 a bag (they make Rawnola bars as well for $2.49 ea, or less for a case). Buying a few bags makes the shipping economical.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What coconut oil's good for?

I've never heard of it. I think the price would stop me. I don't handle Agave very well, but if it doesn't spike you, go for it. I have come across many low carb granola recipes with some of the same ingredients minus the Agave. You might want to try making your own and save a lot of money. There are several different recipes on Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes - Home
Hey, I noticed in your post signature that you do 3 Table Spoons of Coconut Oil daily. Will you please share what coconut oil does for blood sugar or such?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts