The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use Linux on my desktop and all I want to do is read the data and put the numbers in a spreadsheet. :)
I've tried many apps on my smartphone but they all seem to upload my data to the cloud.
I won't do that.

I noticed one app wasn't even correct.
I set the units to mmol/L and a reading of 8.0 in my meter transfers as 8.1 mmol/L in the app.

·
Super Moderator
1,892 Posts
Hi, Jammer. Which meter are you using? Which phone OS (iOS or Android)? That info will help us try to ID some possible alternatives.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Accu-Chek Guide meter.
Android 11
any idea why an app would have that kind of bug?

·
Super Moderator
9,660 Posts
Was it the only reading in the app or were there more? Maybe it was giving you an average??? I just looked at my meters on line site and it was only showing averages.The web site showed a daily trend line with points plotted but no values. If I wanted to see the daily data, had to look at the phone app. Strange,

·
Super Moderator
1,892 Posts
I'm not real familiar with any of the equipment involved here but I did visit the Accu-Chek Guide Web site. Are you using the mySugr app? There's a Pro version that exports to Excel (though it takes a fair amount of digging on their Web site to figure out they're doing this through AWS).

You're probably looking for a solution that will use either a cable or Bluetooth to transfer data from the meter to your Android device? I saw something called the health2sync that would work with the Guide meter and a typical recent Samsung Android phone. But finding something that will work for sure will require more info on your environment.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not real familiar with any of the equipment involved here but I did visit the Accu-Chek Guide Web site. Are you using the mySugr app?
GlucoseMe or something.
I'll try the mySugr app but that is overkill.

You're probably looking for a solution that will use either a cable or Bluetooth to transfer data from the meter to your Android device?
Yes.
That seems hard to find.
They don't seem to do anything simple anymore. :-(

·
Super Moderator
1,892 Posts
Sounds like GlucoMe. Yep, cloud-based. mySugr might be overkill. Probably worth looking at some of the other apps in the Google store to see if there's one that's got the features and connectivity you want. I wonder if any of them can talk to either a micro-SD drive or a thumb drive that you then could move to your Linux computer or whether that's something Android lets you designate on the device.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I was using the Guide for a while and yes, it changes the reading. Don’t know why, stopped using it about when I discovered the Freestyle Libre Sensors and now I just use the reader from that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts