The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Banned
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHY is it that since I've been OFF the metformin I have NOW officially gained ALL the weight back that I had lost but my measurements that I had taken are also going back up again now too!!!????? I'm totally bummed! I only weigh myself on Mondays and today is Monday and I am really disappointed what am I doing wrong? I'm even working out! What can I do!? :help:

·
Banned
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I love metformin. I felt like it helped me suppress my appetite. Could that be the case with you?

Hope you can get back on it.
The high fat seems to cut my appetite. I'm wondering if even on lchf one can eat too many calories because I use a lot of heavy whip cream and at 50 a tbsp. that can add up ever so fast. Maybe I need to just tailor back on that and see what happens. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Yes, through fat fasting. 5 days, x 100 kcal per day, 900 of those from fat.

I have now hit a "floor" with that at a BMI of 25 -- I simply cannot get below 150 lbs for long. I am thinking of other strategies such as all-out fasting, once per week, to shake up my metabolism now. Or not ...

·
Banned
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wow I would love to get down to even 150.
What is your weight goal?
I've tried fat fasts but was way too hungry!
what about increasing cardio to get a bump?

Yes, through fat fasting. 5 days, x 100 kcal per day, 900 of those from fat.

I have now hit a "floor" with that at a BMI of 25 -- I simply cannot get below 150 lbs for long. I am thinking of other strategies such as all-out fasting, once per week, to shake up my metabolism now. Or not ...

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
The high fat seems to cut my appetite. I'm wondering if even on lchf one can eat too many calories because I use a lot of heavy whip cream and at 50 a tbsp. that can add up ever so fast. Maybe I need to just tailor back on that and see what happens. Thanks for the reply.
I'm not sure if you made a typo or not but HWC, according to the nutrition label on a carton, is 5g fat, 0 carbs and 0 protein. I use 4Tbsp every morning in my coffee so 20g of fat. Unless you are using already whipped cream that has sugar in it ?

·
Banned
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm not sure if you made a typo or not but HWC, according to the nutrition label on a carton, is 5g fat, 0 carbs and 0 protein. I use 4Tbsp every morning in my coffee so 20g of fat. Unless you are using already whipped cream that has sugar in it ?
I can easily drink Quart a day of hwc but I don't but I drink it as chocolate milk with Walden farms chocolate syrup with zero everything. I measured it one day for a glass and had 700 calories in it! Twice a day is a lot so maybe too many calories but I'm told repeatedly calories DON'T COUNT on lchf woe.

·
WHAT, I got D
3,849 Posts
Puppy that weight gain is from fluid retention from glycogen build up in your liver. The easiest way to get rid of that is fat fasting and high intensity resistant training t burn up some of the glycogen.

I can gain or loose 5-6 lbs in a few days time. At the beginning of last week I weighed 219, I weighed this morning at 224.

Reactions: Genie

·
Banned
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've been off metformin for a good month now at the least. I think I read that that is from getting off metformin and if so how long does it last or is it something i'm doing or not doing, eating or not eating? So frustrating that I literally got into a pair of jeans (my faves) and now today they were tight but I wore them anyways cause I was going to show them whos the boss lol.

Anyway though I cant do fat fast with kids running around because I need the energy and the couple times I tried to do a fat fast I ended up weak feeling and shaky feeling so I don't think I could do that unless I had the luxury to lay around all day and expend no energy. I've been to the ymca twice this weekend and last week and I did a lot of weight training and some cardio as well. I jokingly tell my hubby that the weight gain is muscle I've put on, you know in two weight sessions lol
ORRRRRR maybe the easiest thing to do is just stay OFF the scale!

Puppy that weight gain is from fluid retention from glycogen build up in your liver. The easiest way to get rid of that is fat fasting and high intensity resistant training t burn up some of the glycogen.

I can gain or loose 5-6 lbs in a few days time. At the beginning of last week I weighed 219, I weighed this morning at 224.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Puppy I can really empathize with you....I decided I need to cut back a bit on the HWC ....My hardest challenge is controlling portions and night eating...of course increased movement of any type is always good....Same old advice...I think the main thing is to remain in the fight and don't stop trying. Good luck.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
I can easily drink Quart a day of hwc but I don't but I drink it as chocolate milk with Walden farms chocolate syrup with zero everything. I measured it one day for a glass and had 700 calories in it! Twice a day is a lot so maybe too many calories but I'm told repeatedly calories DON'T COUNT on lchf woe.
Did you catch my post that you can lower the calorie count in your chocolate milk by diluting with water? My husband adds water to dilute the HWC before he adds the chocolate syrup . . . it's just as delicious as ever.

·
Banned
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Did you catch my post that you can lower the calorie count in your chocolate milk by diluting with water? My husband adds water to dilute the HWC before he adds the chocolate syrup . . . it's just as delicious as ever.
Yes I did catch it and I forgot but at the time it didn't sound very appetizing to drink diluted chocolate milk but I guess before I can dismiss it I will have to try it .

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Yeah - would be a good thing to try it before you judge.

Especially since you seem to be worried about the caloric content in using undiluted HWC. And you can still use all the chocolate syrup you want, so the only thing diminished is the calories.

·
Registered
6,071 Posts
If you want my two cents, I noticed that my weight started moving when I started listening more to my hunger signals. I noticed that I was eating food just because it was "there," even if I wasn't hungry. I really try hard these days to eat only when I am actually hungry, and to leave it, if I am not. I don't let myself get to the point of feeling like I am starved, I just made it a habit to stop eating food solely because it's within arm's reach. When I am full at a meal, I try to stop eating and save the rest for later. While this may not work for everyone, it does work for me. (and maybe you, too?) Just another idea to consider. :)

1 - 20 of 60 Posts