The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
You're more than welcome to ask everything you wish to know - we're here to help you find your way through this diabetes jungle! And we thank you for joining us!

Tell us more about yourself too . . . basic statistics (age/weight/meds/food plan/type of diabetes/etc.)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are not sure the type; My labs says I'm not type 1 but the Doc says I dont fit the criteria for type 2.
I'm 37, 139 lbs and I'm on Novoloc and lantus.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
They are not sure the type; My labs says I'm not type 1 but the Doc says I dont fit the criteria for type 2.
I'm 37, 139 lbs and I'm on Novoloc and lantus.
Your doc should order a test for GAD antibodies (Glutamic Acid Decarboxylase antibodies) - this is quite a definitive test for type 1. Unless you're very short, you're very thin to be type 2. It could also be Latent Autoimmune Diabetes of Adults - commonly called LADA or type 1.5

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I agree with Shanny, you could be type 1.5 or LADA. Have you recently lost a lot of weight? Insist on the extra tests to determine your type. I am a type 2, but a thin type 2 but definitely insulin resistant.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
On my last appointment the Doc said my antibodies are not attacking the pancreas, I though that was enough to say what type but instead he said he is not convince that I am type 2. I am schedule for all the labs on the 30th of this month.
Jwags, I did lost 15 pounds in 20 days which is what made me go to the doctor . I am a runner and though it was because I started to increase my training but later realized I had other symptoms as well.

Shanny and Jwags thank you for the support.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Today my numbers were 085 before breakfast, 126 before lunch , 110 before dinner and just checked my before bed and it was 109; I went on a hike after lunch and while out walking had a plum(1). Tomorrow I'm thinking of going for a short run before breakfast.
Any recommendations ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts