The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All,

I have checked my BG levels recently. found Fasting 115 & PP 180
As per the Advice of Doctor i started diet control and doing walking regularly since 15 days. no Medicine

I am checking my BG levels regularly with Glucard at home.
I stopped taking rice.. Completely shifted to Wheat.

My worry is that Still My PP result is showing 160.

Today when i woke up ,I checked BG it was 92 .. But when i came after Walking it was showing 115 ... how can it be possible .. ( 1 Tsp of Fenugreek powder and water in between..)

Please help.let me know whether i can control my Diabetics with diet or i need to take Medicine...

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Dear All,

As per the Advice of Doctor i started diet control and doing walking regularly since 15 days. no Medicine

Today when i woke up ,I checked BG it was 92 .. But when i came after Walking it was showing 115 ... how can it be possible .. ( 1 Tsp of Fenugreek powder and water in between..)

Please help.let me know whether i can control my Diabetics with diet or i need to take Medicine...
Wheat still does contain carbohydrate. Its true that whole wheat and whole grain products are usually kinder to your blood sugar, but they still are carbohydrates. How soon after eating are you checking a PP blood sugar? You should be well on your way back down to a pre-meal blood sugar by 2 hours. If you are continuing to have high PP numbers then you are likely consuming more carbohydrate than your body can handle at once. My suggestion would be to continue to monitor your PP blood sugar and lower your carb intake until you see your blood sugar in a more normal range. Regular exercise is going to help also.

Your blood sugar readings of 92 to 115 doesnt seem unusual. Those numbers are very close to each other and are likely just normal fluctuations in your body or even in the test strips.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
how long was the walk? if your body desides it need fuel, your liver can dump sugar and rais your BGL

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Dear All,

Hello and welcome to the forum! You need to check your blood glucose, 2 hours after eating. In the USA, it is strongly recommended to keep your 2 hour post meal blood glucose at 140 or below. There are some respected agencies who claim that you can be as high as 180- 2 hours post meal. You can sit down with your doctor and come up with your own personal target ranges. You may be able to control your diabetes with diet and exercise alone. You will just have to wait and see how you do with a low carb diet and if you are able to keep your blood glucose under control.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello and welcome to the forum! You need to check your blood glucose, 2 hours after eating. In the USA, it is strongly recommended to keep your 2 hour post meal blood glucose at 140 or below. There are some respected agencies who claim that you can be as high as 180- 2 hours post meal. You can sit down with your doctor and come up with your own personal target ranges. You may be able to control your diabetes with diet and exercise alone. You will just have to wait and see how you do with a low carb diet and if you are able to keep your blood glucose under control.
Thank you all for your suggestions/ advice..

It s nice to getting connected with people like you..

One More Thing please suggest anything wrong in diet plan

After wake up, i drink 2 glasses of water and go for walking 1 hr.
coming from walking i will take 1/2 glass of bitter gourd juice.

then i will have my break [email protected] 7.30 am

At 10:30 am will have glass of milk

At 1:00 pm will have lunch (wheat+vegatables)

At 4:00 pm will take 1 Apple/ cucumber

At 8:00 pm will be taking Dinner. (wheat+vegatables)

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
RVP, let me say welcome aboard, and come visit us often. I will be back tomorrow to get better acquainted!

(it's four in the morning where I sit . . . really gotta get to bed! :rolleyes:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dear All,

It is possible because when you exercise/walk, you need extra sugar.May be your body senses starvation because of your low intake of carbs and as such when you exercise or walk,lever releases his stored sugar in order to energise your body.This is quiet normal.The levels will be back one hour after you finish walk.Morever when your body gets used to it and understands whole thing,you may not get that reading any more.Just wait for 15 days.
I have also faced this problem once but after sometime when i kept on brisk walking daily in the morning,my BG levels started to drop down further after exercise/walk.
Be happy....you have excellent levels.You just need to maintain.Also have A1C test on monthly basis.That is what actually matters.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
1/2 glass of bitter gourd juice.

then i will have my break [email protected] 7.30 am

At 10:30 am will have glass of milk

At 1:00 pm will have lunch (wheat+vegatables)

At 4:00 pm will take 1 Apple/ cucumber

At 8:00 pm will be taking Dinner. (wheat+vegatables)
How many carbs in gourd Juice? Juices are usually high in sugars

Breakfast? What are you eating?

Wheat is high in carbs, and raises BGL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts