The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Dear All,

I have checked my BG levels recently. found Fasting 115 & PP 180
As per the Advice of Doctor i started diet control and doing walking regularly since 15 days. no Medicine

I am checking my BG levels regularly with Glucard at home.
I stopped taking rice.. Completely shifted to Wheat.

My worry is that Still My PP result is showing 160.

Today when i woke up ,I checked BG it was 92 .. But when i came after Walking it was showing 115 ... how can it be possible .. ( 1 Tsp of Fenugreek powder and water in between..)

Please help.let me know whether i can control my Diabetics with diet or i need to take Medicine...
Hello and welcome to the forum! You need to check your blood glucose, 2 hours after eating. In the USA, it is strongly recommended to keep your 2 hour post meal blood glucose at 140 or below. There are some respected agencies who claim that you can be as high as 180- 2 hours post meal. You can sit down with your doctor and come up with your own personal target ranges. You may be able to control your diabetes with diet and exercise alone. You will just have to wait and see how you do with a low carb diet and if you are able to keep your blood glucose under control.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.