The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately, Borders bookstore is going out of business nation wide, but fortunately today their 40% off book sale begins. I know they have a mountain of low carb cookbooks, would you please tell me the ones you like best. I do a little baking and desserts, but am mostly interested in recipes I can use everyday for main dishes and side dishes. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I would also go with Dana Carpender's book but usually Borders doesn't always have a lot. My daughter just went to our Borders and my husband is going tonight. Check out the Bargain table. I have picked up a lot of my low carb books there. Just thumb through them and check the average carb count of the recipes. You want something fairly low ( definitely under 10 or even lower) . Also avoid anything with diabetic in the title.

Reactions: Gizmo and foxl

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
My daughter just got back from Borders. She described it as Vultures zeroing in. She sad it was kind of sad because they were already taking down displays and breaking apart the cafe.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hit the jackpot. The place was swamped and several people looking for cookbooks, but I found 2 by Dana Carpender, 200 low-carb slow cooker recipes and 1001 low-carb recipes. Gonna have some fun reading to do tonight. Thanks again, all.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
You did hit the jackpot. I think the 1001 is a complilation of her early books. I have the slow cooker book and 500 low carb recipes and 500 more recipes. They are all great books.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts