The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I am wondering why this cannot be used for type 2s who have also lost a part of their insulin producinv beta cells

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sorry but I have heard so many stories like this, I will believe it when I see it

·
Registered
633 Posts
It won't work because they are only addressing half of the issue. If they don't find a way to stop the immune systems attack replacing them will not do anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Diabetes

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Adjitater said:
It won't work because they are only addressing half of the issue. If they don't find a way to stop the immune systems attack replacing them will not do anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Diabetes
All the more reason it should work for a T2

Anyways expecting a "cure" is far fetched. There's no viable business case to find a cure

·
Registered
663 Posts
thank you Power Pumper.
Before I comment on this story, I would like to respect the author of this story of "Copy & Pasting" should be not done. It would be better to just copy the heading of the story and have that heading in a link to the web page that contain the story. This will not lible the owner of this forum of copyright!

This seem interesting to have this stepping stone toward a cure, However I am not too happy that a pharmicutical company is funding this work as this may stop to another treatment that this company can make money out of.

A cure!!
Not another treatment. :(

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thank you Power Pumper.
Before I comment on this story, I would like to respect the author of this story of "Copy & Pasting" should be not done. It would be better to just copy the heading of the story and have that heading in a link to the web page that contain the story. This will not lible the owner of this forum of copyright!

This seem interesting to have this stepping stone toward a cure, However I am not too happy that a pharmicutical company is funding this work as this may stop to another treatment that this company can make money out of.

A cure!!
Not another treatment. :(
Most forums don't worry about such issues. Now I know.

-----

Of course we diabetics, espcially those of us that have been around the block a few times and have seen numerous similar claims, are leery of such stories. If it happens, it happens.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.