The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible or has anyone ever heard of type 1 being reversed? I'm new to this, but it seems that I have lowered my dosage so much, 1 unit am and pm. Started on 12 units am and 6 units pm of 70/30 novalog pen2 months ago. Possibly I was misdiagnosed. I don't know. I had a terrible morning and this has all caught up to me and I had severe panic/anxiety attack. Ugh

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Type 1's go through a honeymoon period after they are first dx'd. During this period it can seem as your insulin needs are very little. But it is just temporary, unfortunately. As far as being mis diagnosed , did they do a GAD 65 Antibody Test and a C Peptide test?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes they did do those tests but I'm not sure what the numbers are. I'm curious though and will ask tomorrow as I have a Doc appt. Only my 2nd appt with endo. jwags, I see that a lot of people on the forum take coconut oil as you do, how is that beneficial?

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Please don't think a reversal is a cure. Even if you were able to completely stop your insulin, your honeymoon will eventually stop, and you will need to take injections of two different types of insulin. I have seen some type 1 diabetics who thought they were cured if they ate very low carb and stopped their insulin.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was told today the same thing by Medtronic rep. Who I must say has helped me more than my endo, and so has this forum. I guess I was just questioning the diagnoses, as I have lowered my dosage so much. But I understand that soon I will be taking more insulin once honeymoon phase is over.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts