The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what did you do today to reward yourself?

I think we spend so much time watching our food our medication and basically our well being that we need to remember to give ourselves a pat on the back sometimes...

I went to the hairdresser today and had a hair cut...it made me feel great!!!!!!

G

·
good point Deena :D I'm needing to see my hairdresser soon... well actually I need to find a new one. I like to sleep to reward myself to be honest as I have been lacking it lately. It's just finding time to do that. lol.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
I got a 12-hour sleep reward last night & all it got me was 8.05 (145)! So I guess I'll try the haircut route this week - I'm looking like an old English sheepdog & have an appointment for shearing this Thursday . . . ;) (I know, I know - shear the sheep, not the dogs)

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hair makes such a difference...I felt like I could walk on air afterwards...

a good hairdresser is as important as a good doctor...the boost a good hair cut can give you is great medicine

lol @ shaggy dog

my lovely daughter just gives me this look and says...."um mum what LOOK are you trying to achieve" lol....ok ok ok its hair cut time

·
Premium Member
6,162 Posts
Your daughter sounds delightful - I love your quotes of her ...

I got a killer haircut too - and a touch of color/highlight - all to give me a lift after my hair loss. It did help =a lot= and I was jazzed when she told me she saw some sprigs and thought it was coming back.

But - I'm still losing hair. It's dreadful. I've lost ... ahem ... HALF MY HAIR! I want a definitive answer, but there is none beyond just waiting it out and hoping for the best. I cling to my endo's statement that it will come back, and push aside my GP's that it probably will. It has to come back, this simply makes no sense.

Oh wait, this is supposed to be a positive, upbeat thread on treats. Oops!

Just made a batch of muffins to get me 'cross country, and working on a killer organic chicken salad. I'll be eating better than anyone on the plane. Maybe I'll take some silver and cloth napkins!

Already I come across as a princess cuz I bought 3 seats. Because of my fibro/hip pain I can't sit for more than 30 minutes unless the chairs/sofa are really really great - and on a plane make that 15 minutes. So I've no choice, but I surely get the looks since these days planes fly =packed= and there am I, pulling out my fat down pillow, little blanket, Kindle ... and stretching out to read.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Already I come across as a princess cuz I bought 3 seats. Because of my fibro/hip pain I can't sit for more than 30 minutes unless the chairs/sofa are really really great - and on a plane make that 15 minutes. So I've no choice, but I surely get the looks since these days planes fly =packed= and there am I, pulling out my fat down pillow, little blanket, Kindle ... and stretching out to read.
Hey, you paid the fare - anybody else wanna stretch out, they can pay the fare too! ;)

·
Registered
322 Posts
I have never been excited about getting my hair done, or find a new hair dresser. Definitely must be a girl thing

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
I treated myself to an extra can of soda

G

·
my reward today is a day off work :D I have stuff to get done, but I need to try and catch up on some sleep... having really bad nights lately and busy days. This new drug hasn't done the trick as yet to get me to stay asleep. I did have approx 5 hours last night but that's no where near what I need.... I think I believe in such at thing as sleep deficit now.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
apparently my treat yesterday was to watch 2 hours of wrestling with my daughter...I love it how my children think that its a buzz for me to do what they want to do lol...oh to be so self centred...

my reward for me was to make 6 batches of whey little hot cakes (5 to freeze) ... still perfecting the recipe...but I was craving something to put food on...and these are wayyyyyyy low carb...a little um dry lol but fine

G

·
And you didn't before?! Oh my - you HAVE been hit with a ton of bricks! ;)

I was sleep deprived for 25 years until my youngest kid grew up & got out on his own! :D
haha Shanny :D I have always been a light sleeper and that's probably part of my problem too. As one of my dear friends put it to me recently... I'm well prepared to care for a baby (she has a 7 month old bub). lol. I'm not a mum but I do admire mums who do the right thing... hats off to you for those 25 years. At this stage and I guess maybe my age (almost 38) I like being able to hand the babies back. I'm besotted with my lil nephew though... I want to take him home as he's so cute... parents tell me he's hard work so maybe I should give them a break. lol.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
haha Shanny :D I have always been a light sleeper and that's probably part of my problem too. As one of my dear friends put it to me recently... I'm well prepared to care for a baby (she has a 7 month old bub). lol. I'm not a mum but I do admire mums who do the right thing... hats off to you for those 25 years. At this stage and I guess maybe my age (almost 38) I like being able to hand the babies back. I'm besotted with my lil nephew though... I want to take him home as he's so cute... parents tell me he's hard work so maybe I should give them a break. lol.
Our daughter was 45 when her first & only was born - now that she's three years old, dear daughter thinks maybe she should've done this a little sooner when she had more stamina for chasing kids! :D

Y'know they still keep you up even when they hit their teens . . . you're waiting to hear the key in the door, and then they wanna sit down & tell you the entire movie line by line . . . holy cow. But ye gotta listen, cuz if you put 'em off, they'll quit coming to talk. Next time it might not be movie dialog they wanna tell ye.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Shanny said:
Our daughter was 45 when her first & only was born - now that she's three years old, dear daughter thinks maybe she should've done this a little sooner when she had more stamina for chasing kids! :D

Y'know they still keep you up even when they hit their teens . . . you're waiting to hear the key in the door, and then they wanna sit down & tell you the entire movie line by line . . . holy cow. But ye gotta listen, cuz if you put 'em off, they'll quit coming to talk. Next time it might not be movie dialog they wanna tell ye.
One of my co-workers tried to convince me today I needed to have a baby... I laughed at her and said that's not going to happen... I barely make it most days through 6 hours with the kids at work...

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
lol I borrow a baby once a week for 2 hours....get my weekly dose of cuddles and mushiness....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.