The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks. I have been lurking here so long I feel like I know the usual suspects. I have to confess I think some of you are related to Einstein with brains like a sponge when it comes to Diabetes. It makes my brain look pretty much sieve-like, but I am at the stage of life where I can blame everything on old age.

You guys have helped me so much, taught me how and when to take my bg and what to eat, and because of you my bg stays below 100 most of the time. You all deserve a big thumbs up for what you are doing here. :thumb: I don't want to sound too dramatic, but actually, I believe you are saving lives. I'm proud of you and want to be part of this. Unfortunately, I can't remember much of the technical stuff I have read about Diabetes, so I'll leave the advice-giving up to the rest of you. For now, my main contribution will be to be part of the welcome wagon here.

Froggie

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
Jump right in!

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
What a lovely de-lurking! Hey, if you're keeping your bs <100 most of the time, I'd argue you've plenty of great advice to be dishing out!

Welcome aboard - and thanks for joining in!

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
When I started with online forums 2.5 years ago my bgs were terrible. Now they are like yours , mostly under 100. I have to credit online forums for my great control. I'm glad you found us.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
Glad you finally decided to 'hop' right in, froggie! Glad to know you are there, and I agree that they are saving lives on here. Or feet, eyes or other parts!

Yep, if you can keep an under 100 BG, you can share how you're doing it and what you eat with the gang!

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Well hello, Froggie!
So very glad you decided to de-lurk! Looking forward to getting better acquainted & having some pleasant conversations.

As advice goes, we DO have a few real scientists around here, but the rest of us just go with what works for us - dunno WHY it works, but it works! :D

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oops, I've been spelling it wrong. I chose the user name magicplinger because in the old black & white TV show, Howdy Doody, Buffalo Bob would say, "Plunk your magic twanger, Froggy!" and Froggy the Gremlin puppet would appear in a puff of smoke. I used magicplinger instead of magictwanger because as a kid, my little brother thought Bob was saying 'plinger' so he would go around saying, "Plunk your magic plinger, Froggy!" Anyway, that's why I chose the nickname Froggie. But I just looked on the web to see if anyone else remembered Froggy, and that's when I found out it is spelled Froggy instead of Froggie.

In grade school, my husband's class was on the Howdy Doody show, and sat in the Peanut Gallery. I wonder if anyone here is old enough to remember any of this.

Froggy

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Can't say that I remember watching Howdy Doody, but certainly know what it is (I'm not from that generation...born in the radical 60's for me!). I can relate more to "The Monkees" and "Brady Bunch". :) In any case, I would like to also congratulate you on your lurking days being over! Glad you are jumping in on the conversations and debates! I cannot hold a stick to some of these people here with their knowledge of diabetes, but I'm learning alot by visiting sites they suggest that explain so much! I have adopted many suggestions as gospel from this forum, and I do believe they are saving many a life, limb, eye, whatever. I can be quite the pest too, and I love that they all put up with me! That's the best part. I feel like I have people I can truly depend on when in a crisis; even though we have never met in person. We all share a common bond, and that would be the diabetes and other nasty things that go along with it. Nice to finally know that I'm not crazy, and I'm not that different from others.
Glad you joined us magicplinger! Pling away!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, naynay. I don't consider myself to be a newbie since I have been a member almost a week, I only brought this thread back up because I didn't want to start a new thread just to explain why I am now spelling Froggy with a y instead of an ie. :D

Froggy

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
I'm definitely old enough to remember it, but we lived in a rural area & didn't have a tv set until the late 50s, when a station opened in North Platte NE close enough that we could get a signal. Now with satellite & cable, I'm sure many people have no idea of the necessity for the antenna on top of the house, and ours even had a rotor on it so we could adjust it to catch signals from a coupla different directions! Even then, reception was often snowy . . . but we thought that snowy black & white moving picture was pretty amazing! heheh! :cool:

So Froggy . . . thanks for the memory!

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
:welcome:

... and congratulations on the de-lurking! :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts