1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
8,607 Posts
You might consider reading this commentary on the Glycaemic Index - Is the Glycemic Index a Scam?

But again, you may find that you can handle some "designed for diabetics" products - use that meter! Looking at the rolls. I always worry when the fibre content is stressed - for me that roll has 19 grams of carbs, not 2. And I'd prefer to see the entire ingredients list.

·
Registered
970 Posts
What Shanny said.

(with emphasis)

Reactions: macksvicky

·
Premium Member
9,421 Posts
I have chosen to just stop eating rice in any form. (Already stopped eating other grains because of the gluten). Any testing I have done with any rice product has shown me that it is not friendly to my blood sugar levels.

And, I don't trust any claims a food manufacturer makes about their foods. They are, after all, wanting to sell their product. "Good for diabetics" is pure and simple a marketing slogan.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Rice and I are no longer friends. It does nasty things to my BG. I have however tried the rolls from the LC Foods company. I can eat a roll that they make, with no spike. With that being said....bread is a weakness for me and you need to have some serious control to eat just 1. Be prepared though, it does NOT taste like the bread you remember and it's very dense and dry, if it's not drenched in butter, slathered with something moist...it's hard to get down. So my experiment with them was good for my BG but not for my taste buds. Not a repeat customer here.

·
Registered
970 Posts
The secret to LCHF, and control of blood glucose is behavioral changes.

You have to completely change your whole approach to eating, and food choices.

If you cling to the old habits, your blood glucose will always be poorly controlled, and you will continue to be frustrated in your search for ways not to change.

Just my opinion.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts