The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So in the beginning of the month I was doing pretty good, getting my fasting glucose below 100, one morning if was even as low as 76, but would normally be mid 80's for at least a week or so. And two hours after a meal again it would be 97, 80, etc...

This week of Christmas, it has been creeping back up to 133 fasting, 119, 123 etc.. I am assuming it might be the Christmas cookies, wine etc... I hope that all it is and I can be back on the weight loss and continue to decrease my overall sugar levels.

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
I think cookies is a pretty sound guess :) - you'll be fine once you get back on track ...

Great pre-cookie numbers btw.

Reactions: aimster1mo

·
WHAT, I got D
3,849 Posts
Yea this Christmas has kicked me out of Ketosis, numbers still doing good, but it will take a while to get back to burning fat with 5lbs of sweet ham left in the fridge.

I made a Ham casserole, Zuchs, Broccoli, onions, peppers, garlic, fried in butter then added heavy cream, cut up sweet glazed ham, then lots of cheese and 40 minutes at 400 degrees, yuuuuum

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Mmmmm MCS, that sounds delish!

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Well, I am chowing down on my usual luncheon salad today. So glad to be back to my regular food! I hate being around all the different goodies and such at holiday's. Too much temptation, but I'm actually sick of looking at it! Out of sight out of mind. I was craving my salad and veggies today. Yum!

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
We've been away for Christmas and between others preparing meals and eating out my bgs have been terrible. It will be so nice to get back home to my own kitchen and back on my normal LC diet. My relatives just don't understand the way I eat. Everything they served was carb based.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Yeah, it was probably the cookies. But weather can also be a factor. Cold temps, for example, sometimes force me to raise my basal insulin, no matter what I eat. For others, it's exactly the opposite.

But yeah, I've subjected my pancreas to some real abuse this holiday season. Two-plus months of family health and job stress have also played their roles. Being back on the straight-and-narrow feels really good right now!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I have eaten as I always do, max 5 carbo for each meal. I have not eaten any cakes or other forbidden stuff, but I have enjoyed 2 glass of redwine each day (Ken`s Creek, australian redwine with only 2 carbo for each liter wine), and my BG has been a little higher each morning in the christmas.
I suspect it has to be the alcohol in the wine.

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
My BG has been higher in the morning too. I have been eating a bit of low-carb desserts (made by myself) which normally don't affect me too much. The only other difference has been having 1 glass of wine with dinner. My 4 glasses this week is more than I've had in an entire year.

I'm hoping now that the constant Christmas parties are over, things will go back to normal. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts