The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, it's Judy from Minnesota. I'm so upset. My Albumin # was high on my last lab test and I have been having pains on my left side about where my kidneys would be. I'm very scared.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
What does your doctor have to say? Have you voiced your concerns & gone over these lab results with him/her?

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Hi, it's Judy from Minnesota. I'm so upset. My Albumin # was high on my last lab test and I have been having pains on my left side about where my kidneys would be. I'm very scared.
Get an explanation from your doctor. Shame on your doctor for not addressing this issue. Don't try and figure it out alone, call your doctor tomorrow!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I received the lab report in the mail today -- at lunch time before I had to take my dad to his doctor appointment with his surgeon. He got great grades! I called and got the nurse. I went in and gave another sample since they sent another lab request sheet in the mail, so I went and gave another urine sample right away, I have an affiliate office 5 minutes from home. My # was 121. Again, I hate being a number. But everything in health is by the number. You really have to be an accountant in dealing with your health, and I'm not an accountant, been there done that. So, of course, I've "GOOGLED" and I'm scared. So I have to wait for the 2nd results to come back and now I'm going to GOOGLE "treatment" for Albuminaria. Microalbuminaria. That is a long scrabble word and I would get A LOT of points for that word.

G

·
hi Judy - I hope you're Ok. That lab test result should have gone straight to your doctor. Although I'm not sure if that is how it works in your country? it is usually that way here. So that means you have to book appointment to see your General Practitioner (primary doc) to discuss the lab results. It would be scary for you to see that without any explanations. I find it's easy to make assumptions too. Hopefully it's not as bad as you think it is. :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There was a ration # of 121, there was another number of 39 and 32. You're right, I don't know what they mean and I have had some pain in the kidney area. And I'm so tired but there's been a lot of stress in my house with my parents sick. Can these numbers and this situation: microalbuminaria normalize without medication? Can they ever normalize again? The results do go to my diabetic doctor or whomever orders the tests. Then they send a letter with all of the numbers and write little notes. Then I guess I can go in again if I want. I went and retested so I guess I'll wait for those results to get to the doctor and go from there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts