The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
new to this forum, happy 2 be here, you people and i are related in a condition that rules us, and we try to rule it...with varying results. i hope yours are positive...question..does anyone else with type 2 , taking gliburide experiencing a browning of the collars of the shirts they wear...i have this syndrome and need to know if others have discovered a way to remove the brown stain, bleach does not work. the browning is only on the neck, nowhere else on garments..hope someone else knows the answer, have tried the net...no results

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Hello there, welcome to Diabetes Forum! I am sorry I do not have an answer to your question. There are several Type 2's here who might have an answer for you.

Do ask all the questions you want though. We are here to help!

Richard

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks

Hello there, welcome to Diabetes Forum! I am sorry I do not have an answer to your question. There are several Type 2's here who might have an answer for you.

Do ask all the questions you want though. We are here to help!

Richard
good to meet yu richard...i hope that someone else has run across the answer to my question...today being turkey day, i don't expect a lot of people will be on the web...so, have a nice thanksgiving and don't eat too much (although that is the purpose and intent of all that good food on the table) will be standing by

·
Registered
40 Posts
new to this forum, happy 2 be here, you people and i are related in a condition that rules us, and we try to rule it...with varying results. i hope yours are positive...question..does anyone else with type 2 , taking gliburide experiencing a browning of the collars of the shirts they wear...i have this syndrome and need to know if others have discovered a way to remove the brown stain, bleach does not work. the browning is only on the neck, nowhere else on garments..hope someone else knows the answer, have tried the net...no results
I don't know anything about gliburide, but there are other factors that can contribute to the stains. i.e. the mineral content of the water used in washing the shirt, how much you presoak it (although this may not matter), and the type of shirt material. Also, if you have stains when you sweat, have you tried rinsing the shirt immediately after taking it off? I've found with foods that stain, half of the battle is taking care of the problem immediately, rather than working on it right before I throw the item in the washer. I have saved a lot of clothes from permanent stains by doing this.

Another thing to try is washing the shirt in spring water. The minerals that might contribute to staining and other microscopic particles are filtered out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts