The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a type 2 diabetic and am trying to find something like a tortilla to make sandwich wraps. Has anyone found something that is low in carbs and can be a good sandwich wrap? Thank you.

Tim

·
Registered
165 Posts
yep someone else mentioned a high fiber low carb tortilla can't recall the name but I found something called flatout bread 16g carb 9 g fiber. so far no issues w/ spikes when I eat it

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Flat Out has whole grain tortiallas that are about 6-8 net carbs depending on which flavor you get. They are thicker than normal tortillas and more of an oval shape. They roll very nice for sandwiches. I also crisp them up in the oven and then use them for pizza. They do have them at Costco. If you can't find low carb tortillas locally Netrition.com - The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore! has several varieties of low carb bread, tortillas, pitas and lavashes.

Reactions: Dodie37737

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I've used two types now:

Mama Lupe's High-Fiber, 3g net carb per serving (small tortilla, netrition sells these also) and La Tortilla Factory, also 3g net carb per small tortilla.

I limit mine to once every two days now, as I'm not 100% sure of my reactions to 'net' carbs vs. total carbs.

Reactions: Dodie37737
1 - 5 of 5 Posts