The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was dx back in 1997. Been able to control things until now. A1C went from 6.2 to 9.7 in 6 months. On shots. I'm allergic to but if don't take will be blind in under a yr. Already lost some feeling in toes. Lowest fasting is 281. Hope ya'll have a good day

NeeNee
Truck driver wife

·
Super Moderator
6,161 Posts
Hi NeeNee - welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear about your increased numbers. Were there any changes in your life during that time (diet, illness, stress, etc) that could account for the uptick?

There could be good news with your toes: some people who had the feeling of early neuropathy have reported their tingling went away or got much better once their blood sugar was in control. There's certainly hope.

There's lots of great information and support here - nearly always someone who is going through, or has gone through, whatever you are. That has been invaluable to me as I've worked on getting my own diabetes under control.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Hi, NeeNee . . . do you mean you've just recently gone on shots since the upswing in your numbers, or were you on shots before and it still shot up sky high?

I think you'll find a lot of help & support here - I know I sure have. These are the wisest, most knowledgeable and KINDEST folks I ever met anywhere.

Take care & I hope you'll be able to visit here often.

:welcome:

·
Registered
710 Posts
Hi NeeNee, glad you've found DF. What insulin are you using? There are a number of alternatives, so if you react to the preservatives in one, there may be another option available.

Jen

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Some people may be allergic to one type of insulin but there are different insulins you can try. Which one did you have a reaction to? Also what is your diet like? Controlling the carbs could possibly lower those fasting bgs a little. What oral meds have you tried and what doses? Glad you found us.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts