The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
If you have read my previous posts ,they are USUALLY about my HIGH BG numbers and my ever increasing weight!!
Without repeating myself , I am prepared to make the move to a LC/HF diet. I followed Dr. Bernstein's a few years back but I had LOST a great deal of weight prior to following that , so I just stayed the same. I am wondering If someone can please give me a run down of their 3 meals plus snacks a day. I am NOT sure how exactly to start. Dr. Bernsteins diet does NOT tell you exactly how much protein to eat. I eat alot. 1 year ago I started taking Levemir and Apedra and metformin. I was told I am now type 1. I am always starving!! I also work out 4 to 5 times a week.THANK YOU!!!

· Registered
33 Posts
Shanny, Once again you are here to help me ( and everyone else here on this forum) Bless you for that and your vast knowledge!! Thank you for your help!!Yes, you are right I was first Dx's Type 1 , then 1.5 , now type 1. Had to switch endo's in order to get a peptide C test. Results I think were 23...whatever that means. I have NEVER had chicken wings for a snack. I fear that I would be eating too much.That is why I stayed the same in past and didn't lose weight. I lost weight upon DX because I ate VERY little. Metformin made me sick to my stomach. I was popping Gravol like candies. I was genuinely afraid to eat. Once I started insulin I started gaining. I am at my heaviest and it feels horrible.!! How much of anything can we eat.? Egs in A.M. ...How many?? Lunch..What to eat?? snacks...how many??

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WOW!!! What an education I am getting!! I didn't know that I have to consider bolusing for carbs.....????
I wish Dr. B did list amounts that promote weight loss. I do everything overboard..including food quantities. I know too much protein can affect weight loss.
Thank you Gang, for your advise, help and knowledge!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.