Butter
red pepper
Garlic
Onion
Thymne
Paprika
Parm cheese
Fav cheese

Minced the peppers onions garlic, fried gently in a sauce pan with butter. When pearled I added the thyms, salt, pepper. Poured in the heavy cream and heated to almost a boil.

I heavily buttered a large cassarole dish a put a thin layer of parm. Cheese and layed the Cod on top. Sprinkled with the shrimp. I then poured the hot heavy cream over the fish. I put another thin layer of mexican cheese blend on that and some paprika. Baked at 400 f for nearly an hour. Pulled the dish out before the hour and put an additional layer of cheese on top. Left in the oven until browned. Wow is all I can say.

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
Okay, I'm making this. Maybe in 5 minutes, or as soon as I get back from the wharf. Presumably most fish would work in this if they don't (probably) have cod.

Reactions: Bugg, d33na and MCS

·
WHAT, I got D
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mahi or Grouper, even snapper, flounder I would think would well

Reactions: Bugg

·
WHAT, I got D
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, I'm making this. Maybe in 5 minutes, or as soon as I get back from the wharf. Presumably most fish would work in this if they don't (probably) have cod.
Lets us know how yours turns out. I'm thinking catfish shanny.

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
Lets us know how yours turns out.
Will do. I realized I had enough food in the frig, and shouldn't go shopping again for a few days. So I'm doing this later this week and will let you know.

Is there any way to move this thread to the recipe section? Or maybe repost it there?

MCS - also, I'm looking for your oatmeal substitute w/ almond flour and can't find. Could you point me to it or post in recipes? Thanks!

·
WHAT, I got D
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Shanny can you move this to the recipe forum, not sure how it got here, Thanks

Here is the recipe for the instant oatmeal like. If you do not want to go thru all of this I just make now by boiling a cup of water with coconut oil and a dash of salt, then add 1 cup of Almond meal and a 1/4 cup of ground flaxseed, small handfull of pecans. Cook for 3-5 minutes. Add a tab of butter, cinn. and splenda to taste.

I had a thread earlier about a replacement for Oatmeal, but I have tweaked this to fit my morning schedule and it is wonderful. I like it better than Oatmeal myself.

In my food processor I mixed 3 cups of Almond flour with 1 cup of ground flaxseed, Splenda, salt and Cinnamon. I then mixed in some Pecan pieces.

I bagged this up in small ziplocks 2/3 cup in each bag.

I boil nearly a cup of water with 2 tablespoons of Coconut Oil, add the contents of the ziplock and cook until it is done, about 3-5 minutes. Pour it in a bowl, add a tab of butter a little heavy cream, man its good.

I haven't tried it in the microwave, but I am sure it is quite doable as well.

Here is the odd thing. FBG this morning 72, coffee with sugar, art sweeteners, coconut oil, heavy cream. breakfast 30 minutes later. A 2 mile walk and my 1 hr PP is 73, I thought I would rebound back into the low 90's high 80's at 2 hr PP, but still 77. Don't ask me why, but I will enjoy it while it lasts.

·
WHAT, I got D
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I took this recipe a step further this weekend.

Shrimp casserole with crab meat and broccoli

I minced the onions, peppers, and garlic and fried gently in a tab of butter, when pearled I added 2 cups of heavy cream and brought to near boil. I then added the spices, Parsley, Thymne, Basal, Cumin, salt pepper, small amount of red pepper.

I buttered a heavy casserole dish, layered with some Parmesan cheese on the bottom, then 2 cans of crab meat, followed by small cut up pieces of Broccoli, then 2 pounds of raw shrimp, peeled and cleaned. I then put a layer of cheese shreds on top of that and a generous portion of Paprika.

Poured the heavy cream mix on top and baked at 400 f for nearly an hour, removed and put another layer of cheese, (parm.) on top and replaced back into the oven until browned.

This dish, I would have wrestled anyone for a second helping. Just the two of us and it was gone by lunch the next day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts