The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I found myself switching doctors 2 months after being diagnosed. The new dr. has a different perspective.

The only time that my numbers are high is first thing in the morning (dawn phenomenon). The first dr. said to try to get that under control through diet and exercise as well as weight loss. If that didn't work then go to meds.

The new dr. would prefer to put me on metformin once a day to get the night time sugar under control FIRST. Then as diet, exercise and weight loss help my body, we can remove the metformin if warranted.

I REALLY like the new dr. even though I wanted to avoid meds. She took lots of time with me and answered all my questions. Soooo, I will follow her advise and start on the metformin tonight.

She was very surprised looking at my blood work over the last year that my A1C was 6.1 a YEAR ago and my previous dr. said nothing to me about it.

Oh well...life goes on.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Good to hear you & your new doc are a good match . . . there's a lot to be said for a doc who takes the time to TALK to us (we are sentient adults, after all! :)) & explain things! I also hope metformin is a good match for you. I've had no complaints with it, and it pleases me that it combats insulin resistance instead of pounding my pancreas to increase insulin production.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts