The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am 58 years old male from india. i used to do gtt every year. then in 2000 i noticed impaired gtt. the i too usual precausations and could avoid medications till 2004. then i started with metformin. i used to develop ooassional hypoghlcycimia associated with sever giddiness and inability to stand. since as per text book metformin doesnot cause hypoglycemia i cas confident it cause is some thing else has happened. then i was shifted to many other oral hypoglycimic drugs but could not avoid hyper of hypo glycemia.
in the end i am on daily three injections regim one long acting and morning and evening 30 plain 70 long acting injection.
the disease is such that there is no reason to run away or get scared. all we have to do is to reduce carbohydrate intake and increase protine with essential elements.
i am a gynaecologidt having a private hospital since 30 years.
so do not get scared of run away but try to modify diet life style and remain keen to know what new in comming in treatment:::))

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Hello, swatantra! As a Gyn you have access to a lot of monitoring of your D, which is invaluable! How low are you keeping your A1c? With insulin, you should be able to keep it quite low, now!

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

You have a wonderful positive attitude :)

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
So glad to meet you. You must know a great deal and will share it with us as we will with you. Tell us more about yourself and ask any question you have and maybe someone here will be able to answer you. Hope we can help as well as share experiences and maybe even recipes?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts